We are in the midst of some serious football season ’round these parts.
We start our Saturdays, usually (I’m not sure how we got the “lucky” stick on this one) with an 8:30 am 8-year old football game at the YMCA. We cheer, grumble, clap wildly, and jump up and down for all the boys. Yes, even at that horrible, horrible hour on a Saturday.
Then there are errands to be run, groceries to be bought, and yards to be mowed. Oh, and laundry to be done, rooms to be cleaned and floors to be mopped.
These are all things that need to be done, but most of the time…..well, let’s be honest….they don’t get done because I’m usually making messes in the kitchen and the family watches college football on Saturdays and the NFL on Sundays.
We are as one would say, a football family. Sadly, I have my very own NFL jersey. Shhhh….
With all this football watching, we (ahem, usually me) get the snackies.
These are the ticket.
Perfect in moderation, while staying on my diet.
But we won’t discuss the beer. No, we won’t discuss that today.
- 3 cups mixed nuts (I used a mix of cashews, almonds, walnuts, and pecans)
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1½ t. salt
- 1½ t. paprika
- 1 t. garlic powder
- ½ t. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and toss well.
- Spread nuts in a single layer on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned.